Over 14 million U.S. adults see an acupuncturist at least 5 times in their lifespan; this is perhaps because the practice of acupuncture is one of the most thoroughly researched and respected forms of treatment across the world, helping patients work through everything from mental health conditions to chronic pain. Acupuncture can help those with cardiovascular, immune, endocrine, and nervous system problems, and also plays a vital role in improving the neurotransmitters and neurohormones necessary for endorphin release—a plus for patients experiencing significant pain.
Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine in Ft. Myers and Naples, FL
With over 30 years of experience, Dr. Zhang specializes in combining acupuncture with Chinese herbal medicine to help patients manage a wide array of conditions, ranging from Alzheimer’s, pain conditions, mental disorders, autoimmune diseases, chronic fatigue, Fibromyalgia, Parkinson’s, skin problems, and even the side effects of radiation and chemotherapy. Other medical disorders Dr. Zhang can treat include:
- Allergies: food allergies, contact dermatitis, allergic rhinitis, allergic asthma, etc.
- Digestive issues: chronic diarrhea, constipation, irritable bowel syndrome, GB stones, GERD
- Emotional/Mental disorders: depression, anxiety, stress, insomnia, memory issues, Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, stroke recovery, Parkinson’s disease, brain trauma symptoms
- ENT: Meniere’s disease, tinnitus, chronic mouth ulcers, optic atrophy, otitis media, glaucoma, dry eyes, watery eyes
- Gynecological disorders: amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea, menopause, infertility, irregular menses, IVF support
- Pain management: neck pain, lower back pain, shoulder pain, sciatica, hip pain, tennis elbow, trigger finger, arthritis, bursitis, restless legs syndrome, trigeminal neuralgia, TMJ, migraine headache, knee replacement recovery, plantar fascitis
- Prenatal conditions: morning sickness, depression, anxiety, acid reflux, anemia, miscarriage, edema, headache
- Reactions to chemotherapy/radiation: fatigue, anemia, nausea, hair loss, constipation, diarrhea, peripheral neuropathy, and mouth, tongue, and throat problems
- Respiratory distress: chronic sore throat or cough, asthma